Sleep for the brain.
So it turns out your mum was right …what the? Oh and Shakespeare it seems. Yes, you heard it Shakespeare from Macbeth ‘sleep is the chief nourisher in life’s feast’.If you sleep before and after learning it’s like hitting the save button, bingo your memory is enhanced.
Sleep for creativity.
REM sleep is beneficial to the creative process. This stage of sleep helps the brain connect unrelated ideas, which in turn aids creative problem-solving.
Sleep and weight loss.
Getting less sleep will cause an imbalance in hormones and cause a higher level of ghrelin.
Sleep and your immune system.
During sleep, your immune system releases proteins called cytokines, some of which help promote sleep. Certain cytokines need to increase when you have an infection or inflammation, or when you’re under stress.
Sleep, depression, and anxiety.
A lack of sleep can impair your emotional regulation and thinking, which can intensify depression and other psychiatric diagnoses.
Tips for healthy sleep.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol before bed for some people it may take 12 hours for caffeine to leave the system.
- Dark sleeping space, try to keep your bedroom dark as possible.
- Blue light blockers, wear blue light blockers on sunset or avoid blue light altogether.
- Sleep in a cold bedroom or the use a chilly pad on your bed.
- Get the right sun exposure during the day.
- Don’t lie in bed awake.
- Turn off your phone and the wifi